It’s official: Orlando is the most-visited city in America. Tourism figures released by Visit Orlando, the city’s official tourism association, showed that Orlando set a national record in 2014 with just over 60 million visitors.
And as if to show that the result was no once-off fluke, those numbers swelled to 66 million the very next year. Clearly the city is experiencing something of a hot streak, leaving other top tourism destinations in the shade.
If you are looking for the best Orlando discount vacation packages, browse the offers from Travel Options. With our vacation discounts, you can save thousands on the best hotels, restaurants and attractions in Orlando.
There has never been a better time to visit Orlando on a discount vacation package. Here are 15 reasons why 66 million people can’t be wrong:
5 World-Famous Places to Stay
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando. Balcony rooms looking over Walt Disney World Resort, marble bathrooms, nightly fireworks viewing – and don’t forget the golf course!
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The 50s-themed resort offers a lazy river, waterslide and arcade games, as well as a free shuttle service around the area’s theme parks.
- The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes. Most hotels include one in-house restaurant; this one has 11. There’s also a spa with 40 treatment rooms and three outdoor pools.
- Disney Boardwalk Villa. From its Coney Island-style charm to the busy boardwalk, there’s a lot to love about this resort. Don’t forget to ask about the bicycle rental.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel. Probably the most stylish accommodation in the city, this hotel features a rooftop pool and a gallery of modern art.
5 Attractions You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Take the Hogwarts Express, catch rides like Flight of the Hippogriff or The Dragon’s Challenge, or simply explore Hogsmeade Village.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Swim among an array of exotic sharks, or take it easy and put your feet up in beach coves designed to feel like the Caribbean.
- Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. The most-visited theme park in the world for the past 10 years, hosting more than 20 million holidaymakers each year.
- Islands of Adventure. Eight islands, each offering a unique spirit of adventure, from Skull Island and Seuss Landing to the ever-popular, still-terrifying Jurassic Park.
- Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba. This contemporary circus performance is perfect for Orlando, as it gets its name from the French phrase faire la nouba, which means “to live it up.”
5 World-Class Restaurants
- The COOP. American cuisine doesn’t come more comforting than this. Try some sweet potato and pecan pancakes, or indulge in the signature Low Country Shrimp & Grits.
- KrungThep Tea Time. Skip the starter and even the main and head straight for dessert, the famous “brick toast”: honeyed toast topped with ice cream, fruit and whipped cream.
- Market on South. Where comfort food meets cruelty-free dining, this plant-based eatery serves up delicious takes on old favorites – like the Orangebird, a vegan sloppy joe.
- Urbain 40. Almost worth a visit for the gorgeous interior design alone, try the house favorite Crepe Urbain, with its roasted wild mushrooms, oven-dried tomatoes, roasted leek beurre blanc and fig balsamic reduction.
- Provisions & Buzz Co. If you’re looking for a relaxed hangout with foodie flair, this hipster-esque diner is it.
Inspired to visit Orlando? Take advantage of the great savings available from the Orlando discount vacation packages from Travel Options. Browse our website to find mind-blowing vacation discounts in Las Vegas, Daytona, Miami and other destinations across the United States.